The madeleine is a traditional small cake from Commercy and Liverdun, two communes of the Lorraine region in northeastern France. Orange and Honey flavour will leave unforgettable taste in your mouth and will make you to come back for more.
|Unsalted Butter, Melted||90g|
|Orange Zest||Of 1 Orange|
|Melted butter to grease molds|
|2 Mini Madeleine trays – 13x39cm x 20 shapes|
Makes around 40 pieces
1. Put together - Eggs, sugar and salt and slightly bit in the bowl until the mixture begins to turn pale.
2. Sift the flour with the baking powder and add it to the mixture and bit it up to incorporate all together.
3. Pour 90gr melted butter along with the honey add orange zest and mix together until all goes smooth.
4. Put the mixture into the piping bag and leave in the room temperature for about 20 minutes.
5. Preheat the oven to 220C.
6. Grease mini madeleine tray with the melted butter.
7. Pipe mixture from the piping bag filling up the molds.
8. Bake the madeleine for 4-5 minutes, don’t overbake them as they will loose soft texture.
9. Once baked to demold them immediately.