Shortbread originated in Scotland, with the first printed recipe in 1736, from a Scotswoman named Mrs McLintock. Shortbread is widely associated with Christmas and Hogmanay festivities in Scotland.
|Ingredients for Shortbread Biscuits:||Metric|
|Plain Flour, Sifted||175g|
|Butter at room Temperature||110g|
|6cm fluted cutter, stamp for biscuits|
Makes around 15 biscuits
1. Preheat the over to a 150C, mix the flour, sugar and salt in the bowl. Rub in the butter with your finger tips.
2. Knead the mixture together until it forms a dough.
3. Roll-out the dough on lightly floured surface to a thickness of about 5mm.
4. Cut into circles and transfer the biscuits to the baking tray lined with parchment paper.
5. Press the biscuits with the stamp.
6. Bake in the pre-heated oven for about 20 minutes or until light golden brown.
7. Sprinkle with caster sugar and leave to cool.
*Keep them in the airtight container.